Many of my brides and friends will often ask, “do I really need a second shooter?” Essentially, the answer is no, but there are many benefits to having a second shooter.
Drew & Savanah couldn’t be any sweeter. Drew is an Air Force pilot and Savanah is an Air Force Public Affairs officer.
I’m sharing all of my thoughts and feelings regarding my pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
As a new mom, I’m constantly looking for the newest and most practical items for my baby. I want things that are going to make my life easier, but also benefit Eleanor. I certainly don’t have all of the answers and I definitely don’t know everything, but what I have learned is that not every new product out there will be great for my baby. My husband will tell you that I tend to pick items that are cute, but they turn out to be the least practical thing I could’ve purchased. For example, I bought one of those wipe holders for the diaper bag because well, it was cute and didn’t take up as much room as a full pack of wipes. Well, it only took the first blowout for John to insist I include a full pack of wipes in the diaper bag at all times–whoops. So, definitely consider what will benefit you in a time of need rather than what looks good. The five products listed below are just some of the products we love to use and use most often.
1. Fisher-Price Deluxe Rock ‘n Play Sleeper by Jonathan Adler: This is probably one of our most used items. We use this rocker throughout the day for Eleanor to nap. It has two speed settings, a vibration option, and even has musical options. I love that it can be easily folded up and stored when not in use or for travel. We also have the 4moms mamRoo, but I find it to be rather bulky and definitely not travel friendly. Plus, Eleanor isn’t a huge fan of it for now. So, this was a win for us.
2. Owlet Smart Sock: People ask us how we’re sleeping and to be honest, we’re sleeping great. We owe it all to the Owlet Smart Sock. The Smart Sock tracks your baby’s heart rate & oxygen intake. When either drops below a certain point, you’re notified by an alarm. The app also allows you to view real time data. Owlet also offers another app called Connected Care, this is an extension of the original app and use to require a monthly subscription, however now it is offered for free. This app provides a collection of data that allows you to see your child’s sleep/wake patterns and more. The Smart Sock has a hefty price tag, but there’s no price on having a peace of mind. My best advice is to use registry completion discounts to make this purchase if it’s not gifted to you.
3. Puj Flyte – Compact Infant Bath: When I was pregnant I was constantly trying to find a bathtub that was easily stored and could easily travel. I know a lot of people use those flower-looking sponge things, but I wasn’t really a fan. What I love about the Puj is not only does it fold up, but it dries super quick. It’s made of foam so it’s comfy for baby and it also has 3 holes in which water can flow out while you’re bathing the little one. We are fortunate that our little Ellie really enjoys bath time. I also love that this will fit in the Rock n’ Play for when we travel. It’s like the two were made for each other.
4. Boppy Newborn Hello Baby Lounger : I really wanted a Doc-A-Tot when we were registering for items, but I just didn’t like the price tag. I knew it wasn’t something we “needed” and was more of a luxury item. As I was searching for some sort of alternative, I came across this new Boppy Lounger. It’s not intended for sleeping, but rather while baby is awake–so it’s not an exact alternative if you’re looking for something to use for co-sleeping. When Eleanor wants to be near me, but I need to do some computer work, I sit her in the lounger beside me & she’s as content as can be.
5. Baby Brezza Formula Pro: I call this my “Baby Keurig”. While this is definitely a luxury item and not necessary for baby, it’s perfect for making bottles with one hand. When John is at work & Eleanor is fussy, I can easily hold her to calm her down while making a bottle with the other hand. This is actually the older model which allows you to make bottles in 2 ounce increments. A newer model was recently released that allows you to customize the temperature and the amount of ounces. I will say that it can be rather loud, but it makes bottles in under 30 seconds.
I would love to know if you’ve used any of these products and how they worked for your family. If you have any other products you love, feel free to list them below, as well.